I intermittently find myself in handstands across the world.
The rest of my day is spent upright.
I am an entrepreneur, marketing strategist & writer.
JEAN SPENCER: A SHORT HISTORY
JOURNALISM + PSYCHOLOGY + ENTERPRISE + DATA SCIENCE
Like most Millennials I grew up with a computer in the 1990s, had Facebook before entering college, and knew how to build a webpage by the time I was 18. Later, I took a different path. In college I studied traditional journalism and psychology; began understanding powerful story telling and the psyche behind which we understand stories. This gave me a rich background to understand how peoples’ stories are best communicated.
By marrying a digital platform with a classic story telling approach — I’ve arrived in a digital brand strategy career path. I connect buyers to brands. We work to find an audience, and learn how that audience receives news and information and use those pathways to connect.
In 2013, I founded j DIGITAL, a digital marketing strategy firm in Boulder, Colorado focusing on strategic digital branding. I’ve worked on national brands like Vail Resorts, Patagonia, Microsoft and others.
In 2015, I was asked to join as their global content marketing lead for Microsoft Dynamics 365. I took the opportunity to learn how to do content marketing at scale and with a global corporation. In one year, my marketing strategy increased MoM leads by 21%, bringing in over 175,000 new leads in one year. –
In 2016, I joined Galvanize as a product marketing manager focused on data science and data engineering, looking build out my data skills and add to data modeling to my marketing chops.
TWO POWERFUL FUNDAMENTALS
1 – Business Savvy.
My business savvy is spreads small business to enterprise as evidences by successfully owning and operating two successful companies; and leading Microsoft Dynamics corporate global integrated marketing.
Agloves, a touchscreen glove company launched in 2010, saw more than $3 million in revenue in its first two years. .
2 – Classic Journalistic Approach.
I studied journalism in undergrad, earning a coveted internship with The Wall Street Journal, also working at several local daily newspapers. Journalism instills a deadline-mindest and highest integrity of work. Check out some of my WSJ front-page stories and dozens of other articles.
Services aka what I do for you.
WHAT IS DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY??
The world doesn’t listen in the same ways that they did 10 years ago. People find brands to love, support and be unofficial ambassadors to via mobile, tablet, online, interactive and word of mouth. Digital marketing strategy — including content marketing and social — taps into strategic communications channels to give you a powerful tool to connect with users.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to talk about any of these strategies.
- Digital marketing strategy: the whole online strategy from website, to Facebook to online sales. How does our brand live/function online?
- Social marketing strategy: Looking into which platforms we should truly engage, and how our persona maifests into each one. How does social influence our revenue?
- Content marketing strategy: Content is king, and consumers are falling in love with brands they believe in. Consumers are the ultimate ambassadors of our brand. Let’s connect with sharable, useful, engaging content.
- Ecommerce development: Looking to sell product and don’t know how? We look into web development, calls to action, simplication of the shop process, different back end carts and fulfillment centers.
- PR: Enaging credible online news sources to talk about your brand. Bolsters SEO and reputation of brand.
- Content development and copy writing: This is the implementation of a chunck of the content marketing strategy. Ongoing new content is crucial to connecting with new users and customers.
- Social media strategy and implementation calendars: If you have a staff of social media butterflies that will implement your strategy, this is a blueprint for social engagement on a calendar basis. It fits the overarching strategy, but allows others to implement.
- SEO: This is a huge component of competitive web play online. SEO involves keyword research, implementation, tracking, content development and analytics.